Two Seasoned Professionals
Becoming a master of one’s craft is a lifelong pursuit. Perfection is often sought but never attained and the journey never ends. It is passion for that journey that our presenters share and on September 14th, they will co-present and offer insights gained from two illustrious and highly successful careers in psychotherapy. This joint talk was created and inspired by author/therapist Jeffrey Kottler who recently collaborated with author/therapist Jon Carlson on the book On Being A Master Therapist. Our presenters have been friends and colleagues for a many years, both fans of Kottler and Carlson and share a deep love for the arts of psychotherapy and healing ps4 pro spiele kaufen oderen.
Learning Objectives – Participants will be able to:
- Increase ability to read emotional cues and become more aware of emotional presence in session, and increase skill in presenting emotional experiences as precursor and cue to therapeutic interventions frame for free.
- Recognize and make use of “micro expressions” including affect, facial cues, and the presence of deep emotion, as well as recognize the importance of pace and silence in session as requisite for helping clients process emotions and create meaning spanish course for free.
- Increase skills of awareness around “alliance ruptures” and how to repair them. Participants will read annoyance cues that lead to canceled or failed appointments geburtstagslieder kostenlos downloaden.
- Create safety for all clients in session as well as during other contacts outside sessions, such as billing and scheduling communications.
- Add value to the client’s experience by effective planning and goal setting while co-creating cathartic experiences in and outside sessions herunterladen.
- Increase business skill and planning effectiveness surrounding practice, especially self-pay private practice, that will enhance therapist’s capacity to generate referrals and adequate income for sustainable careers herunterladen.
Dr Steven Vensel, Ph.D., L.C.S.W
Dr Vensel is Director of Counselor Education, Assistant Professor, Palm Beach Atlantic University picture books to download. A native South Floridian, Dr. Vensel has accrued over 20,000 hours of professional counseling and supervision experience. He is a state qualified supervisor for Mental Health Counseling; Marriage & Family Therapist, and Clinical Social Work interns. He is the associate editor and co-writer of the Encyclopedia of Mental Health and Mental Illness (2016), a four-volume encyclopedia, and sits on the editorial board of the Journal of Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development where he specializes in reviewing manuscripts utilizing structural equation modeling. Dr bad piggies download kostenlos vollversion. Vensel’s research focuses on workplace mobbing and bullying, abusive workplace organizations, and its impact on individuals and their families. Dr. Vensel maintains a clinical counseling practice and provides recovery services to workplace abuse victims as well as advocacy and organizational consultation services for the establishment of workplace abuse policies and response protocols herunterladen.
John Davis, LMHC
John’s the president of our chapter and an expert clinician in private practice in Delray Beach. He is a graduate of The University of Georgia at Athens, obtaining his Master’s Degree from The University of West Georgia at Carrolton herunterladen. In addition to internships in substance abuse and addiction with Hanna McGoey, LMHC in Boca Raton, he completed a three year residency at The Samaritan Center of South Florida in Fort Lauderdale, a non-profit, faith-based, non-denominational counseling center. John’s career as a psychotherapist spans an eclectic blend of personal development methodologies, including including Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Gestalt, Psychodrama, Cognitive Behavioral and Acceptance Commitment as well as a variety of hypnosis methodologies, including Rapid Trauma Resolution and Eriksonian Hypnotherapy. John is a certified EMDR practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients, guided by the groundbreaking EMDR work of Dr Francine Shapiro and Dr Bessel Van der Kolk, MD. A lifelong student of meditation, John incorporates mindfulness-based practices into all his work. He has deep experience in addictions with a broad background, borne of personal pain and years of extensive professional clinical training. He is a veteran of the recovery field with first hand experience defeating addictions in a variety of substances over a lifetime. Mindfulness and the ancient precepts of Buddhism figure prominently in his approaches.
Children’s Services Council
2300 High Ridge Road
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
The Children’s Services Council’s mission is to enhance the lives of children and their families and enable them to attain their full potential by providing a unified context within which children’s needs can be identified and resolved by all members of the community. To achieve this, the Council plans, develops, funds, and evaluates programs and promotes public policies which benefit Palm Beach County’s children and families. We are grateful for their generous hospitality in providing our meeting room for this event.
Tickets available on Eventbrite.